E-learning and Innovation
YNH is a community based service which embraces innovation to be at the forefront of education, training and community service delivery.
Over the past four years YNH has steadily progressed in developing a range of e-learning programs and capabilities. These include:
- 2008 Participation in ACFE e-mentor program
- 2008 Introduction of Wiki as a news sharing tool for staff, tutors and volunteers
- 2008 Introduced use of blogs in Business course
- 2009 Piloted blended delivery of Hygiene for Food Handlers (combination of online resources in Moodle and face to face in classroom)
- 2010 Obtained Australian Flexible Learning Framework’s Innovation Funding to apply blended delivery approach to Cert IV in Training & Assessment, and included diploma unit Facilitate e-learning as an elective (combination of virtual classroom, wiki and face to face)
- 2011 Obtained second round of Australian Flexible Learning Framework’s Innovation Funding to develop and deliver a totally online unit – Reflect on and improve own professional practice.
- 2012 ACE Capacity Initiative project to develop and implement blended delivery of Aged Care across Moira Shire
- 2012 National VET e-learning Strategy Partnerships for Participation – “e-Skills MOOC” project to develop and deliver online training in foundation e-skills
- 2013 Planned delivery of blended delivery of Aged Care across Moira Shire
YNH happily shares its knowledge and experience with its education and training partner networks, including Upper Murray Regional Neighbourhood House Network, MoiraACE (Learn Local providers in Moira Shire) and Hume Continuous Improvement Group. Wikis are used to share information, generate ideas and foster collaboration. YNH also uses virtual classrooms to host meetings, which saves time and reduces costs.